Here you will find some helpful resources for class.
Digital Graphic & Animation
- OpenPhoto - free Photos you can use for your digital graphic projects.
- NAPP - National Association of Photoshop Professionals
- Ctrlpaint.com - full digital art curriculum for free.
- Color Scheme Generator - get the perfect color combinations.
- Get Paint - a free tool that is similar to Photoshop but free.
- Pivot - a free stick figure animation program.
- GIMP - another free photo retouching software.
- TypeNow.net - Free cool fonts
- Scott Kelby - my favorite Photoshop trainer he is Awesome!
- Rhinoceros - download a free 3 month trial.
- Blender - a free open source 3D content creation suite.
- Adobe - if you love the software student can get the entire Creative Cloud for 19.99 a month.
- FindSounds - a search engine for finding free sounds for your Flash projects.
- Austin Film Society - A non-profit organization that promotes the appreciation of film
- Art Institute of Austin - Bachelor's and associates degrees in design and visual arts
- Photo Shop Tutorials - house and showcase some of the best Photoshop tutorials around.
Video Game Design
- Video Copilot - visual effect and motion tutorials for Adobe After Effects. Awesome site!
- Unreal Engine - game Engine we use in class. Download it at home for free.
- Autodesk - download student versions of Maya, 3DS Max, Mudbox and more!
- Pixel Prospector - well-known resources for independent game designers.
- GDC - technical and business related talks from the Game Developer Conference.
- HobbyGameDev - a huge list of articles about game development and design.
- Extra credits - an youtube channel about games and game design.
- The Game Accessibility Guidelines - a list of design guidelines to improve the feel and the ergonomics of your game.
- 2d Game Art Guru - a blog maintained by Chris Hildenbrand, a senior game artist, with 20 years of experience using vector drawing software.
- Seven Camels - a blog maintained by the storyboard artist Mark Kennedy.
- Game Programming Patterns - covers a variety of common programming patterns, all applied to game creation.
- Github Education Pack - features a variety of normally paid services for developers, offered for free to anyone with a school-issued email address and a valid student ID card.
Web 2.0 Tools
- Google Docs - never forget your homework access your files online.
- Canva - design tool.
- Prezi - create stunning visual presentations by zooming in, out and around a large, flat canvas.
- Kahoot - create, play and share fun learning games for any subject.
- Zamzar - media converter.
- Blurb - e-book creator.
- Fotor - online collage makers.